With the advent of social media, it is widely debated that email marketing is redundant and business are choosing Twitter and Facebook for client communication. It is true that social media has taken the online business world by storm. However, email marketing is still an effective means to communicate with clients, giving you a chance to get into an individual’s personal space online, their email inbox.
To further highlight the power of email marketing, you can read the statistics listed below:
- Epsilon "Branding Survey" (Feb 2009) found that 50% are more likely to buy products from companies who send them email, whether their purchases are online or at a place of business.
- The same survey revealed that 67% of subscribers purchased products offline as a direct result of receiving an email from a retail company and 40% experienced positive impact on their likelihood to make a future purchase a company upon receiving an email.
- Close to 84% of respondents said that they like receiving email from companies with whom they register. Even if they don't always read the message, it's good to know the information or offer will be there when they are ready to make a purchase. This response rate is up significantly from 69% in the 2005 study.
- The Email Experience Council statistics reveal that over 49% of people who are happy with their recent purchase from your company will open future e-mails seven times faster than those who have not made a purchase in over three months.
- According to the research firm Hurwitz & Associates, 46% of small businesses use email marketing; and 36% plan to start using it in the next 12 months. For more details, refer to the screenshot below:
Marketing, all thanks to the Internet, has become measurable. Intelligent implementation of email marketing has led to an inexpensive, immediate, and interactive means to correspond with customers. At only around $15 per month, email marketing is an affordable option, which saves on paper, printing costs and postage. Email marketing is not restricted by any geographical boundary too. With the ability to reach a global audience, you can offer them a wider variety of options or products than in a one-time visit on your site. However, you need to ensure that you provide quality information to your emailing list.